Building Habits That Support Your Goals
The past few weeks I've been working on a new morning routine. It's something that has always been inconsistent for me. But I want it. My morning routine is a great place to start to continue working on discipline. I also know it will support my health, and my short-term and long-term goals.
The reason I bring this up is because a daily habit can become a part of us. It can become natural to us nearly like breathing. When we continuously support ourselves to reach short-term and long-term goals by inserting and starting new micro-habits we are supporting the bigger picture, the end goal. It's up to you to figure what your micro-habits are and will be that get you there, but I'd love to spark some inspiration for you.
Big Picture Goals:
- Buying a House
- Paying Off a Loan and Financial Goals
- Promotion at Work
- Health & Wellness
- Education Goals
- Having a Family
- Routine exercise of any kind, movement
- Gratitude journal
- Healthy and consistent sleep schedule
- Making your bed every day
- Consumption of food that supports your body, health, and lifestyle
- Drinking at least half your body weight in water
- Daily self-affirmations
- Maintaining healthy relationships
- Setting boundaries, say yes/no as needed for you
- Regular community involvement (volunteer, gym, meetups, engaging in activities you enjoy with others)
- Hold yourself and others accountable (have a coach)
When you are able to determine supportive habits you teach yourself that you're capable, and that can trust yourself. If you commit to change and hold true to your word TO YOURSELF, you are subconsciously telling yourself, “I said I would do a thing and I followed through.” You did it. You achieved a thing. You achieved a goal.
If you can do the small things, it's encouragement psychologically and internally that you can do the medium and the large things.
Another habit I am working on is being more consistent here on Introvert Uncensored. I will post a new blog post every Sunday and a new Instagram quote/post every Wednesday. You heard it here.
Here's a few of my other goals:
- Read 1 book every month
- Facilitation and yoga teacher confidence: practice, practice, practice
- Travel: Portland, Hawaii, Harry Potter World - one of these being my next solo vacation
- Continuing to improve my clear communication skills: verbal primarily, but also written. I'd also like to expand my vocabulary.
Again, you heard it here. I know if I post it, share it, and talk about it then I'll hold myself accountable and do the work. I'll show up, and when I feel lackadaisical, my loved ones will keep me in check. I encourage you to do the same if you haven't already as you have been coming up with your resolutions and goals for the year. What are some of your goals? How will you obtain them? I'd love to hear from you too.
#supportivehabits #routine #shorttermgoals #longtermgoals #milestones #goals #discipline #introvertuncensored #introvertblogger #introvert #subconscious #morningroutine #reading #bookworm #yoga #practice #habits #travel #portland #hawaii #harrypotterworld #communication #2020habits